WHAT: St. James-Assiniboia School Division Candle Concert
WHERE: Pantages Playhouse Theatre (180 Market Ave. East - Google Map)
WHEN: Students arrive at 6:30 pm, show starts at 7:00 pm
WHY: This is a wonderful opportunity for our choristers to perform in a beautiful venue and on a prestigious stage. This is a secular event that celebrates the winter season. Our repertoire will reflect this theme.
- Please ensure that your child wears black pants and a short sleeved t-shirt. Also please bring some type of footwear, other than winter boots. This is a public performance and the choristers need to look professional.
- Family and friends are welcome to attend this event. Due to union regulations, the theatre does not open its doors to the public until 6:30 pm. Therefore, to avoid waiting out in the cold, plan to arrive with your child between 6:15 and 6:30 pm. and myself or a security person will let your child in. The theatre holds 1200 so don't worry about finding a seat. Stevenson students will sit upstairs in the balcony, so you do not have to save seats for your child on the main floor. They will be well supervised in the balcony.
- Admission is free, however, there will be a silver collection for local charities during the performance. As well, there will be a silent auction in the lobby courtesy of our divisional choirs.
- There are numerous outdoor parking lots in the area that require loonies. In addition, the Concert Hall has underground parking.
- After the concert, the Stevenson Choir students will be escorted from the balcony to meet up with parents on the main level.